Cloud Platform for 3D Printers. A Story of One Project
A well-recognized manufacturer of the world’s first hybrid 3D printers turned to AMC Bridge to implement a concept of a cloud platform, which allows monitoring and managing 3D printers from any location.
Rize Inc. is a Boston, MA-based, next-generation additive manufacturing company, which achieved substantial breakthrough combining two distinct technologies of material extrusion and material jetting into industrial 3D printers. The company’s products are extensively used in manufacturing, life sciences, architecture, and defense industries worldwide.
THE CONCEPT OF CLOUD PLATFORM
Determined to deliver flexibility and scalability to its customers, Rize aimed to develop a cloud platform to set up the printing and track its progress remotely with no need for operators to be present onsite. Along with that, the Client wanted to integrate the platform with a desktop application and develop 3D printing software that will interact with the platform.
Having come up with the concept, the company searched for a vendor with practical experience in developing engineering software and with relevant cloud technology expertise. Owing to the substantial record of successful projects delivered to the large industry players involved in engineering, 3D modeling, cloud-based technologies, manufacture, and construction, AMC Bridge was entrusted with the cloud platform development.
The AMC Bridge team has successfully developed the flexible Rize Connect Cloud Platform that ensures an intuitive workflow, maximum security, and minimal material management. Additionally, the team implemented the supplementary programmatic suite, which consisted of:
- Stand-alone simulation software to emulate printer interaction with the system
- Certificate service designed for secure delivery of printer certificates
- Rize OneTouch integration module, which connects the platform to the desktop application using the exposed Rize Connect API
With its flexible architecture, the platform provides an easy way to monitor printer health and task queue for multiple customers in one cloud solution.
To ensure secure additive manufacturing and easily manage access restrictions, Rize Connect Cloud Platform can be configured either as a public or a private cloud. A private cloud allows an organization to customize its resources to meet the specific requirements and protect sensitive data.
Rize Connect Cloud Platform enables users to:
- Remotely manage and monitor RIZE ONE and XRIZE 3D printers
- Manage an enterprise print farm from desktop and from mobile devices
- Receive status notifications via SMS and email
- Process the job queue and user requests
- Seamlessly integrate with a desktop application
The platform provides the following benefits:
- Secure printer communication that is encrypted with SSL/TLS
- Remote troubleshooting and faster turnaround for Rize customer support teams
- User management with flexible user-organization models and multiple user roles and permissions
The positive feedback of Tejas Baindur, Product Manager, IoT and Data Science at Rize Inc., testifies to high performance of our team and excellent services AMC Bridge provides to clients:
"The team is very flexible, responsive, co-operative, easy to work with and efficient. It is a good experience working with AMC Bridge overall".